A mountain bike means adventure and freedom and children love those feelings at all ages. Children are always in search of something new and fun, they need to consume their energy in different ways and by facing new challenges.
The challenge of riding a mountain bike makes children proud of themselves, because it is not as easy to learn how to ride and fully enjoy a mountain bike. Although, of course, it is no harder to learn to ride a mountain bike than it is to learn any other bike. They can have a lot of fun with their friends when mountain biking and having fun is what being a child is all about. It gives them the opportunity to explore and to overcome what may at first seem difficult and daunting to them.
We offer three sets of mountain bike courses for children all of which are aimed at getting young people into cycling.
- Kids MTB days which are open to the general public and are available both during term time and school holidays and can be run at the weekend.
- MTB for schools are run over a 6 week term and can be run as an after-school club or during curriculum PE. For more information on our school courses please see our MTB schools please contact us by email or telephone 07545 184715.
- MTB Holiday clubs offer a break from your normal holiday clubs by offering the thrill and excitement of mountain biking. For more information on our school courses please see our MTB holiday clubs page or contact us by email or telephone 07545 184715.
All our mountain bike training courses are made to ensure the children learn whilst having fun. The courses are aimed at children aged from 7 to 16 and are similar in format to our introduction to mountain bike course:
- correct bike set up
- how to use their gears
- how to use their brakes
- correct rider positioning
- going uphill
- going downhill
- front wheel lifts and bunny hops
Sound fun? Why not join your children and make it a fun day for the entire family? Contact us by email or telephone 07545 184715 for more information.